Monday 31 January 2011

Lottie Loves: Finishing School J is for Juggling

Yes, yes, I know I've missed I. I've been missing I for weeks and it's been holding up my progress on the rest, because I have this weird compulsion that I should do things in order, or not at all. If the sun doesn't come tomorrow morning, we'll know it's all my fault for deliberately doing things out of sequence.

Right, with the disclaimer out of the way...J is for Juggling. I used have this down pat: I spent 5 years working 4 or 5 days a week and getting my undergrad degree around the outside of it, and still maintaining a social life. Then I moved cities in September to just pursue an MSc, and suddenly I have no time to do anything. In a sense, when I ran my life as tight ship because I had to, everything worked. Now I "only" have 8 hours of classes a week and a couple of regular socials, the yawning emptiness and lack of structure means I get very little done. As Lottie wisely says in her challenge post, the first thing to go in that is taking time for me.

So my challenge for this week is to spend half an hour a day updating my blog - I have a week's hiking in Jordan and an awesome city break in Venice I haven't written about yet! - or playing the guitar. I won't manage it every day: I'm going away for the weekend for instance (although I could take the guitar with me. Hmmm.) but I'm also not going to beat myself up if I do miss the odd day.

Structure. Regular bed times before midnight. FLYLady. Life is so much easier when it runs smoothly instead of me looking for the next plate that's about to stop spinning!

No comments:

Post a Comment